Stefano Santos (b. 1993 in Naples, Italy) is a documentary photographer.
Inspired by his journalistic background and law studies, he privileges an analytic and in-depth approach to his storytelling. He is particularly drawn to those themes in which history, social issues and the cultural identity of a certain territory appear to blend together. He is currently based in Milan, Italy.
- 2012 - September 2016: Master's Degree in Jurisprudence at University of Naples "Federico II".
- October 2016 - November 2018: Master's Degree in Jurisprudence at University of Milan - Bicocca.
- Languages: Italian (mother tongue), English (fluent), Tagalog, French, Spanish (basic knowledge).
- October 2010 - September 2016: Editor/Photojournalist/Reporter at Terza-Pagina.it
- October 2015 - October 2016: Year-long mentorship with photographer Salvatore Esposito which resulted in a collective exhibition at Complesso Monumentale di Santa Sofia - with Officina Reporter - "In the land of the Sarrastes".
- January 2016: Awarded Honorable mention in the Photojournalism category - Amateur section at the 2015 Monochrome Awards.
- April 2016: Collective exhibition at Magazzini Fotografici titled "FOTOcopia di Strada".
- April/May 2016: Collective exhibition at Magazzini Fotografici titled "spazioFOTOcopia: Corpo"
- June/July 2017: Collective Exhibition at NaDir - Napoli Direzione Opposta Festival titled "Sguardi in Direzione Opposta", in Naples.
- May 2018: Collective exhibition at Magazzini Fotografici titled "spazioFOTOcopia - #AltreProspettive" within FATE Festival, in San Potito Sannitico, Caserta.
- May/June 2018: Solo Exhibition with the project "Noicomeglialtri" for the festival ETD - #ètuttodiverso at Cascina Linterno, Milano.
- July 2018: "'O Cantiere" chosen among the finalist projects at Premio Canon Giovani Fotografi 2018.